Bring in the Pizza for the AFL Grand Finals 2022!
Are you ready for the Toyota AFL Finals Series this year? It will be held at the MCG on Saturday, September 24, 2022.
Footy fans are all excited to watch live and at home with family and friends. If you're expecting a group, be ready with the beers and loads of pizza!
Here at Authentic Pizza Ovens, we celebrate togetherness and fun around the table. It's always a good idea to cook and eat together.
Get into the (pizza) competition mode!
One activity you can do whilst everyone is pumped up for the AFL finals is to run your own pizza competition! Do a DIY-pizza making contest.
1. Prepare pizza crusts in advance.
2. Offer several topping varieties, or let contestants bring their own for more uniqueness.
3. Bake. Cool off. Serve to everyone, and let them vote!
Whoever makes the best-tasting pizza using our wood fired pizza oven is the winner! Dedicate a prized trophy, just like in the AFL series!
Certified Crowd-Pleaser: Classic Pizza Recipes
Margherita Wood Fired Pizza or Simple Aussie Wood-fired Pizza
As a rule, for making a great Italian pizza, less is more! But for an Aussie pizza, we say more barbecue sauce please.
- 2 cups crushed Italian plum tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 300 grams mozzarella diced
For Aussie pizza: (substitute the first 3 ingredients with these)
- Barbecue sauce for base
- Bits of bacon and ham
- One egg
- Crush the plum tomatoes by hand. Avoid using a food processor as this will crush or damage the seeds. Add oregano, salt and pepper
- DO NOT cook the sauce when using a brick wood fired pizza oven.
- Brush the rolled-out dough with olive oil and spoon the sauce onto the dough.
- Layer with mozzarella cheese and shove it inside your wood-fired pizza oven.
- Bake until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with olive oil.
- Scatter fresh basil leaves on top.
To make an Aussie Pizza version, hold off the oregano and tomato sauce and spread some barbie sauce on your pizza dough as a base instead. Add in some garlic, bits of chopped bacon, or ham, and a few eggs.
World's Best Pizza
This pizza recipe is a base for every type of pizza you could imagine. Use your favorite toppings to create a custom pie that is as unique as you!
- Preheat your pizza oven to 450-500 degrees celsius.
- Using one ball of your Pizza Dough at a time, stretch until around a 14-inch diameter.
- Place Your dough on your floured peel and give it a quick shake to make sure it releases.
- Place your desired toppings on top, starting with your sauce.
- Place the pizza directly onto the floor of your pizza oven and cook for 1 minute before rotating the pie for an additional 30-60 seconds until the crust is at your desired state.
- Remove by sliding the peel under the pizza.
- Cut and serve.
Specialty Pizza Recipe
Wing sauce of your choice
1. You can make your own pizza dough or even use a premade dough.
2. Start off with tossing some shredded buffalo chicken in a wing sauce of your choice.
3. Add the white sauce then top with bacon, red onions, and blue cheese crumbles.
4. Once your pizza is cooked then top with the green onions.
Related: 7 Reasons for Cooking Outdoors
Mouthwatering Pizza Creations using Authentic Pizza Ovens!
Get started with your DIY-pizza-making-competition using these exciting recipes. Bake them inside our authentic, wood fired pizza oven to bring out that unique, smokey-flavour!
Have fun watching the AFL Grand Finals 2022!
We ship Australia wide!
Contact us for a quote:
AUTHENTIC PIZZA OVENS AUSTRALIA PTY LTD
- Authentic Pizza Ovens