3 Best Aussie Recipes for your Wood-Fired Pizza Oven
What could be more exciting than having your wood-fired pizza oven? Cooking in it, of course! Food is universal. Wherever you are from, there’s always that one food that reminds you of something, or makes you feel closer to home.
Let’s start with three of some of the best Aussie recipes for your wood fired pizza ovens. While these are not traditional Australian food, these recipes have ingredients which you can easily find wherever you are in the world.
Here are 3 of the best aussie recipes for outdoor cooking with oven
1. Steak with Green Peppercorn Sauce
Everybody loves a well-seasoned-straight-from-your wood-fired-oven-steak. But to make it more interesting, choose something to accompany it, like green peppercorn sauce. This is one of the classic sauces. It’s simple and easy to make and goes well with steak and cooking it in a cast iron skillet, it’s perfect.
- Tomahawk (bone in) steak
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried sumac
- ½ teaspoon rice vinegar or verjus
- ¼ teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- Other herbs of your choice if so desired
- Season the steak with salt, pepper and herbs, pressing the seasoning into the meat.
- Get your Authentic Pizza Oven preheated to 300 degrees celsius.
- Lightly smear olive oil or butter in a cast iron pan
- Remove the cast iron pan with high heat resistant gloves and place the steak in the cast iron pan.
- Place back into the oven and sear the Tomahawk steak until about 52 degrees C.
- loosely chopped broccoli and onion.
- Roast the broccoli and the onion.
- Toss in 1⁄2 teaspoon of verjus or rice vinegar, 2 teaspoons of olive oil, ¼ teaspoon of chopped garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let the steak rest and keep them warm when done.
Sprinkle some sea salt and prepare to drool.
2. Wood fired Prawns with Basil Butter
As we always say, a wood-fired pizza oven is not just for pizza. It’s great for seafood too! Making this recipe is simple and easy.
- Prawns peeled and deveined
- Fresh basil
- Salted butter
- Salt and pepper
- Combine basil with salted butter in a food processor
- Season the prawns.
- Shove a heavy-cast iron pan into the oven.
- Wait for 5-7 minutes before adding the prawns. They will be fully cooked in less than 2 minutes.
- Add a big dollop of basil butter to the pan just before they are ready.
- Once the butter melts, toss the prawns until they are completely coated.
- Serve with some crusty bread to wipe off all the melted basil butter
3. Margherita Wood Fired Pizza or Simple Aussie Wood-fired Pizza
What is a wood fire pizza oven if we are not cooking pizza? Baking with wood fired pizza has unique flavors and texture because of the intense heat used to cook it. You can cook a pizza in it in two minutes. Talk about preparing dinner fast. As a rule, for making a great Italian pizza, less is more! But for an Aussie pizza, we say more barbecue sauce please.
- 2 cups crushed Italian plum tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 300 grams mozzarella diced
For Aussie pizza: (substitute the first 3 ingredients with these)
- Barbecue sauce for base
- Bits of bacon and ham
- One egg
- Crush the plum tomatoes by hand. Avoid using a food processor as this will crush or damage the seeds. Add oregano, salt and pepper
- DO NOT cook the sauce when using a brick wood fired pizza oven.
- Brush the rolled-out dough with olive oil and spoon the sauce onto the dough.
- Layer with mozzarella cheese and shove it inside your wood-fired pizza oven.
- Bake until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with olive oil.
- Scatter fresh basil leaves on top.
To make an Aussie Pizza version, hold off the oregano and tomato sauce and spread some barbie sauce on your pizza dough as a base instead. Add in some garlic, bits of chopped bacon, or ham, and a few eggs.
Excited to get your hand in your own wood-fired pizza oven? We ship daily Australia wide. Whatever you need, modern or traditional ovens, or accessories, we have them for you. Take a look here.
If you have any queries or need more information, call us at 0411-331-911 or send us an email at email@example.com.
- Meat Dishes You Can Cook in a Wood-Fired Pizza Oven
- 5 Easiest Dishes To Cook in A Wood-Fired Oven
- 5 Advantages of Having A Wood-Fired Oven
- Authentic Pizza Ovens