Father's Day Australia
Happy Father's Day, Australia!
Australia dedicates its first Sunday of September just for dads. On this day (and the rest of the month, even!), we show appreciation for our dear fathers - including our stepdads, foster fathers, grandfathers, fathers-in-law, and other male role models in our lives.
Here at Authentic Pizza Ovens, we are treating our beloved fathers to something special. Check out what's in store for you! Dads are the backbone of our customer base and we're paying tribute to them. Have FATHERS DAY be special with MORE family time cooking in the backyard whether it's a PIZZA PARTY or wood fired fish, chicken, or yummy desserts!
Father's Day Discount on all Authentic Pizza Ovens
For FATHERS'S DAY WEEKEND (September 1-4, 2022), we are offering a $150 voucher OFF ANY PIZZA OVEN of Dad's choice!!!
Just use the code DADSPIZZAOVEN upon checkout.
Promo runs from September 1-4, 2022.
Pizza Oven Recommendations:
Picnic and Barbecue Recipes
What is Father's Day without a picnic or a barbecue with the whole family? A traditional Father's Day celebration in Australia involves fun food activities such as picnics, barbecues, food trucks, beer drink offs, and other outdoor activities.
To make it even more special, we're sharing some of our favourite family and customer recipes cooked using our authentic pizza oven. See our dishes below:
1. Steak with Green Peppercorn Sauce
Everybody loves a well-seasoned-straight-from-your wood-fired-oven-steak. But to make it more interesting, choose something to accompany it, like green peppercorn sauce. This is one of the classic sauces. It’s simple and easy to make and goes well with steak and cooking it in a cast iron skillet, it’s perfect.
- Tomahawk (bone in) steak
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried sumac
- ½ teaspoon rice vinegar or verjus
- ¼ teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- Other herbs of your choice if so desired
- Season the steak with salt, pepper and herbs, pressing the seasoning into the meat.
- Get your Authentic Pizza Oven preheated to 300 degrees celsius.
- Lightly smear olive oil or butter in a cast iron pan
- Remove the cast iron pan with high heat resistant gloves and place the steak in the cast iron pan.
- Place back into the oven and sear the Tomahawk steak until about 52 degrees C.
- loosely chopped broccoli and onion.
- Roast the broccoli and the onion.
- Toss in 1⁄2 teaspoon of verjus or rice vinegar, 2 teaspoons of olive oil, ¼ teaspoon of chopped garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let the steak rest and keep them warm when done.
Sprinkle some sea salt and prepare to drool.
2. Wood fired Prawns with Basil Butter
As we always say, a wood-fired pizza oven is not just for pizza. It’s great for seafood too! Making this recipe is simple and easy.
- Prawns peeled and deveined
- Fresh basil
- Salted butter
- Salt and pepper
- Combine basil with salted butter in a food processor
- Season the prawns.
- Shove a heavy-cast iron pan into the oven.
- Wait for 5-7 minutes before adding the prawns. They will be fully cooked in less than 2 minutes.
- Add a big dollop of basil butter to the pan just before they are ready.
- Once the butter melts, toss the prawns until they are completely coated.
- Serve with some crusty bread to wipe off all the melted basil butter
3. Italian Traditional Wood Fire Pizza
- 1/2 cup (125ml) garlic oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 2 cups (500ml) good-quality tomato pizza sauce
- 1 cup (150g) kalamata olives
- 10 slices prosciutto, torn
- 2 x 150 g fior di latte, sliced 1 cm thick
- 250g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 7g sachet dry active yeast
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 500g strong (baker’s) flour
1. For bases, stir yeast and sugar in a bowl with 300ml warm water. Stand for 15 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Place flour in a large bowl and stir in 2 teaspoons of salt. Add yeast mixture to flour and mix with your hands to just combine. Place in a mixer with a dough hook and knead for 5 minutes. (Or knead with your hands until smooth.) Divide into 6 balls. Place on a lightly oiled tray spaced apart, cover with a clean tea towel and stand in a warm place for 2 hours or until doubled in size.
2. Preheat the oven to 220°C or the woodfired oven to 400°C. Roll each ball out on a lightly floured surface, rolling from the inside to the outer edge, to form a 24cm round. Brush each base with 1 tablespoon garlic oil, then spread with a thin layer of sauce, leaving a 2cm border. Scatter with olives, prosciutto, cheese and tomatoes.
Wine pairing : Lambrusco - 2017 Cavicchioli Vigna del Cristo Lambrusco
If you’re not pairing your pizza with wine, a coldie would do!
- 3 Best Aussie Recipes for your Wood-Fired Pizza Oven
- Meat Dishes You Can Cook in a Wood-Fired Pizza Oven
- What Are The Benefits In Adding A Wood Fired Pizza Oven To Your Backyard?
For easier cooking and baking, order oven accessories in our shop.
Order a Wood-Fired Pizza Oven for Dad!
Make Father's Day extra memorable with good food and warm company. Choose an authentic pizza oven to make delicious, uniquely flavourful dishes that your whole family will enjoy!
Order an Authentic Pizza Oven today. We ship Australia-wide!
Contact us for a quote: